Number Champions is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. You can read our safeguarding policy here
- We train our volunteers in safeguarding and require them to abide by our safeguarding policy.
- We take steps to ensure our safeguarding policy is implemented, including training our volunteers and trustees.
- We require that the schools with which we work have their own safeguarding policy and give our volunteers an induction in this. We require our volunteers to acquaint themselves fully with the school policy and to follow it at all times.
- Our volunteers meet with children only on school premises during school hours.
- We have appointed a safeguarding officer with responsibility for our safeguarding policies and processes and as a contact point for any issues on safeguarding (Graham@numberchampions.org.uk).